Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hippo

This morning on the way to school Chloe started talking about the namesake for this blog: our new hedgehog. She said she still doesn't believe we really have a hedgehog and is sure that someday Austin is going to do something crazy.

"One day he's going to come home with a hippo and things are going to go really wrong," she said, very seriously.

"Hippos are illegal," I pointed out.

"Exactly!" She exclaimed. "Then wouldn't things be bad?!"

She then went off on the possibility of Austin showing up one  day with a giant dog and how I would react (complete with a funny, high-pitched voice I'm guessing was her early-morning interpretation of me). I listened to her musings, all the while wondering where in the world she gets her endless enthusiasm and silliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment